Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Turned On My Ear

Sunsets are a reflective part of my day which speak
so loudly to me of God's majesty and creativity.

God, I'm longing for You. I'm sure it's by design, but my life is turned on it's ear at the moment. All my moorings, anchors, tethers are unlatched or missing. I feel myself bouncing on the ocean and I'm absolutely at the mercy of the elements and the vast amount of rocking water. Is this what the disciples felt when You were crucified? Their elemental first growth in knowing You, learning from You, following You, enduring all they sacrificed as far as family and friends in serving You, was turned on their ears. Their understanding of Who You were, and Your purpose for the future and their involvement with You in the future went horribly wrong--so they thought. They were without their anchor and floating in a mass of a killer crowd. Their minds, hearts must have been a disoriented mess, let alone their fear for their physical safety.

At some point, they all remembered the last thing You said to them and they found their way back to one another in an upper room. And they waited.

I remember Your words also, You have said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." "I am doing a new thing." "Seek Me with your whole heart." "Ask and you will receive..." So in this disoriented place that I am, I wait.

I have to say and I must admit, this is better than a desert no matter how undone I'm feeling at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment