Thursday, March 22, 2012

Here Comes Bonnie and Clyde

Here comes Kathryn!
I became aware of Bonnie and Clyde in the early morning hours of January 23rd. I'm shaking my head in amazement that I have now seen them in person. The commercial of two kids who have just gotten the news that their parents are taking them to Disney World; their exuberant display of excitement, joy, and utter glee, was exactly what I was feeling inside as I saw my reacquainted long time friend, Kathryn, drive Bonnie and Clyde into my driveway. Words are not adequate to tell of God's weaving of time, distance, and matters of the spirit together for the arrival of a truck, camper, and ministering servant/driver to my home. The Voice says to me, "I did this just for you, Juanita! I love you."

I'm learning how it feels to be loved by God. I know I'm loved by God. I know I'm loved by my children...I know that I'm loved by many. But knowing is different from having the witness of my spirit feeling love. I think it's a bunch of baloney when people say you can't go on feeling about spiritual matters. Hello! I'm not made of cardboard? I have emotions: depth of feelings, and intense visceral eruptive displays of sensitivity. How that should be worded is that you can't be controlled by unfiltered, unquestioned, and unsifted emotions. But spiritually induced emotions that lead to healing, a greater awareness of Divineness, and the construction of soul pathways to fruitfulness and growth...are we crazy to deny this gift? Passions are emotional catalysts for great things.

I want to bottle Kathryn. I would use her as bath salts. I want to pour her all over me as body oil. I want to dab her on my wrist and behind my earlobes, because, she is and leaves a sweet, sweet aroma of the Holy Spirit. Amazing what time in God's mortar and pestle will produce. "May all our grindings and crushings produce in us what it has produced in Kathryn. Amen"

When I started this fast, I had no idea where God was taking me. I'm proud of myself for not "having a plan." The uninterrupted time with Kathryn, gleaning, questioning, listening, watching, and drawing from her has been unspeakably nourishing. Add to Kathryn my life coach session with Mary, and I have become a Holy Spirit Sandwich: I'm between two crucibled and refined souls! God really does love me and he has physically shown me how much by bringing these two women back into my life who are encouraging and helping me to transform. (By the way, the condiments slathered all around me in this sandwich are my Bible Study Gals. What a day we all had with Kathryn.)

I have to say, it is good to feel God's love, as well as the added bonus of the love from two of his most precious daughters. What a way to end a fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment