Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fighting the Amnesia!


My Utmost for His Highest. This is my go to book after the Bible. Here is what Oswald Chambers wrote for yesterday’s daily reading...I emphasize yesterday (which I missed).

As workers for God we have to learn to make room for God – to give God "elbow room." We calculate and estimate, and say that this and that will happen, and we forget to make room for God to come in as He chooses. ...Do not look for God to come in any particular way, but look for Him. That is the way to make room for Him. Expect Him to come, but do not expect Him only in a certain way. However much we may know God, the great lesson to learn is that at any minute He may break in. We are apt to over look this element of surprise, yet God never works in any other way. All of a sudden God meets the life – "When it was the good pleasure of God. . ."
Keep your life so constant in its contact with God that His surprising power may break out on the right hand and on the left. Always be in a state of expectancy, and see that you leave room for God to come in as He likes.

I didn’t look at the date this morning and assumed I was on the right page for January 26th. Who cares about the date, I definitely was on the right page. Interestingly enough, I wasn’t into active expecting God as I read this, but it didn’t stop Him from showing up…as I sat there reading about Him showing up…I was cementing my thoughts to make certain I would watch for Him to show up; He showed up! He showed up! How utterly humbling!

Listen to an excerpt of today’s reading and tell me He’s not “showin’ up”!

Every time we lose ground in our fellowship with God, it is because we have disrespectfully thought that we knew better than Jesus Christ. We have allowed “the cares of this world” to enter in (Matthew 13:22), while forgetting the “much more” of our heavenly Father.


It’s not even 9:00am yet! I’m going to marinate for a while.

I have to say, this day is starting out better than yesterday. I need to fight my daily amnesia and remember that the day is better when He starts it. Doesn’t mean the day will be rosy…just means the Rose of Sharon will be ahead of me in the day and I need to follow. (Bet you can guess what my tendency is & where I get into trouble the most with the leading and following!) I’ll keep watch, Lord; show up however You want.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment