Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mediocre Muddling


Got off track today with my fasting. I took the controls again and hoped God would bless my idea for the day. Which didn’t turn out to be any idea at all...I muddled through the day. Here I’ve done it again--made it all about me. 
Got to pull out the honesty. Where did you get off track today, Juanita?
Instead of heading to the computer, I should have headed to Scott’s bedroom--my prayer room now. Even if it would have been for only 5 minutes. I also started negotiating what I would eat or not eat for the day. What I have been doing is having my coffee and then only eating veggies, fruits, and nuts till the sun went down. Then I’d fix something for Jack & I--which was pizza. Again, I got trapped in the method, form, and checklist of fasting. 
Forgive me Lord. I want to end the day better than how I started and cruised through it.
What do I have to say when I kidnapped an opportunity to learn God’s heart, absorb His Word, but instead ransomed the day with mediocrity? Nothing. Because that’s what I got in return.  To my prayer room I go...the day isn’t over yet. It is about You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment